Contributing skill, time, and effort is a priceless experience, but our volunteers are well paid in smiles, letters of thanks, and sometimes tears of joy. The satisfaction of knowing they can make a difference and help families in our region prepares them to compete successfully in academics and in life.
We always need and want more volunteers of all ages, and not just technical people. Regardless of your experience with computers or administration, you have the chance to learn from our experienced volunteers about repairing computers and administrative work - things you may have never learned without attending technical school or college. Many of our volunteers advance to acquire A+ certifications.
Our volunteer program is the definition of teamwork; nobody is left to their own devices to figure out something new. Our volunteers teach each other how to do everything from computer repairs to customer service and everything in between.
Currently we are looking for the following volunteer and staff positions:
Volunteer Positions (Unpaid): Our times for volunteering are currently Monday through Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Children as young as thirteen and as old as senior citizens are welcome to volunteer.
- Administrative Volunteers: Mailings, databases, and communication are critical to the success of TeamChildren. You will be working under our staff to assist them with administrative tasks. If you enjoy talking on the phone, organizing, and distributing information, this volunteer position is for you!
- Technology Center Volunteers: Whether or not you have ever seen the inside of a computer, you can learn technical skills for which schools charge big bucks. You will learn reimaging computers, installing hardware and software, updating Microsoft, assuring quality, interacting with customers, repairing computers, among other aspects of maintaining the technology center. Not only will you learn valuable computer skills to last your lifetime, but you will also learn the inner workings of a nonprofit.
Part Time/Intern Positions (Paid): We are currently looking for part time workers or interns in the following positions:
- Marketing/Public Relations: If you are experienced or want to learn about media relations, community relations, and creating literature, this position offers an incredible opportunity for you. You will create press releases, media alerts, web content, flyers, marketing emails, and much more. You will also manage social media accounts, attend various networking events, and engage with the community.
The marketing/PR position is the liaison between TeamChildren and those needing our services and is critical to our mission. Applicant must be an outstanding writer, outgoing, creative, self-motivated, and organized.
- Fundraising Part Time/Intern: This position requires a great writer who is interested in research, writing grant proposals, managing food donations, and other administrative duties.
- Accounting/Finance Part Time/Intern: If you are a bookkeeping expert or would like to learn, we need your help! Experience with QuickBooks is a big plus.
You can make a difference in our team so we can make a difference in our community. Please call (610) 666-1795 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about joining our team.